Chemicals shops / sources at the German / Dutch border

Over de instrumenten en chemicaliën in het chemisch laboratorium.
facer91
Foton

Chemicals shops / sources at the German / Dutch border

Post by facer91 » 10 May 2016, 16:17

Hello,

I come from Germany and have discovered your forum today . Unfortunately, it is getting worse, so I look at us with the law myself for alternatives . I have the impression that you can buy with you some more , and this is easier.

Do you have good tips where there is near good shops ?
And sorry for my bad english.

Last time i buy Alcohol "Ketonatus Fortior". What is it? I think is was Alcohol without MEK or BItrex. It is von Tendo

woelen
IJzer
Chemistry interests: --------------

Re: Chemicals shops / sources at the German / Dutch border

Post by woelen » 10 May 2016, 19:11

Do you want to buy chemicals in a shop just over the border? If so, then do not expect very much difference with the situation in Germany.

The situation for obtaining chemicals in the Netherlands is hardly better than it is in Germany. The last few years, all kinds of regulations have come into effect and the sale of many chemicals is prohibited by now, for different reasons:
- fear for terrorism (e.g. nitric acid, hydrogen peroxide)
- environmental concerns (many metal salts)
- concerns about personal safe use (e.g. borax and boric acid)
Five years ago I still could go to a drugstore and buy for instance nitric acid, cobalt chloride, or borax, but nowadays these products are gone and can only be obtained through chemical supply houses, who do not deliver to private residences.

Have a look at eBay and search for common chemicals. You may have good luck over there.
The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? http://www.oelen.net/science

facer91
Foton

Post by facer91 » 10 May 2016, 19:45

Oh that is bad.

I had the impression with you , it is a little better . to obtain ethers with us is impossible. The States turn all through . Want to limit our freedoms and sell as collateral . If it goes on like this will soon be very limited research . I do not know where this is going. After all, there are very sensible drugstores with you . We have not even so important things such as H2O2 , 70% alcohol or acetone . I think it's bad. I felt like in paradise when I was with you in Kruidvat . NaOH , acetone, alcohol .... .
I am regularly in Venlo or Winterswijk . So if anyone knows something near , please write .
Otherwise, I 'm going to take away to Labstuff.nl to me and make a bulk order.

woelen
IJzer
Chemistry interests: --------------

Post by woelen » 11 May 2016, 23:30

NaOH, acetone, ethanol still can be purchased, although acetone rapidly is disappearing from the shelves now. It is being replaced by so-called eco-acetone, some literally watered-down replacement not useful for chemistry experiments.
You also can buy 10% HCl and NaHCO3 at Kruidvat, but I think that's it.

Labstuff unfortunately stopped selling to private persons. He may do that in the future again, but for now, he only sells to registered companies, schools, and so on.

I think that for you as a German citizen the Netherlands is not much more interesting anymore than Germany when it comes to buying chemicals.
The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? http://www.oelen.net/science